The first recorded mention of the Wachet hermitage dates back to 1559. The chapel was built before 1678. The first recorded hermit was Claude de Habaru.
The last hermit arrived there on 22 November 1782. This was Brother Macaire, or Jean Nicolas Lichtfous, from Barnich. He stayed there until Joseph II banned hermitages on 2 July 1783.
The first way of the cross was blessed on 24 June 1842. During the last years of the 19th century, this path of glory became what we see today. Two families of stonemasons from Saint-Léger created 14 stations of 3 metres in height. The current stations are more than 100 years old.
- rue du Stade, 2 6747 Saint-Léger